Creative Commons is an international non-profit organisation that provides free licences and tools that copyright owners can use to allow others to share, reuse and remix their material, legally. Releasing material under a CC license makes it clear to users what they can or cannot do with the material. The six standardised CC licences each allow material to be used in a different way. The South African Chapter is a group of enthusiasts and not a formal organisation.
Links and more information
- Creative Commons: Learn about the Creative Commons project internationally.
- Case studies: Examples of how Creative Commons licenses are being used worldwide.
- Clarification of Free Cultural Works, Open Educational Resources and Open Access
- Open Learning Websites and Systems
- The risk of ‘an open license’
- How to remix and attribute openly licensed works
- Please complete our sign-up page to join the South African Chapter of Creative Commons.
- Please also join the Creative Commons Global Network.
- Please see our Code of Conduct.
South African Chapter meeting minutes
- Inauguration meeting – 2019.10.03
- 1st meeting of 2020 – 2020.01.21
- 2nd meeting of 2020 – 2020.04.21
- 3rd meeting of 2020 – 2020.07.21
- 1st meeting of 2021 – 2021.01.26
- 2nd meeting of 2021 – 2021.04.29
- 3rd meeting of 2021 – 2021.07.27
- 4th meeting of 2021 – 2021.10.26
- 1st meeting of 2022 – 2022.01.25
- 2nd meeting of 2022 – 2022.04.26
- 3rd meeting of 2022 – 2022.07.26
- 4th meeting of 2022 – 2022.10.26
- 1st meeting of 2023 – 2023.02.25
Time: 15:00 – 16:30 (CAT/SAST)